You can download the FAQs here.
There are at least 5 great reasons to join the Moreland Community Solar:
- Invest - only members are eligible to invest in our projects
- Participate - contribute your time/skills to create local change
- Learn - about energy, business and the local community
- Vote - have a direct say and vote at Co-op meetings
- Affordable - your small annual membership fee provides vital financial support to our operations
I don't live in the local government area of Moreland. Can I still be a member?
Yes, membership is open to anyone who is interested in supporting us!
What is the legal structure of Moreland Community Solar?
We are a Co-operative - an incorporated association - meaning that much like other similar structured entities we are bound by certain laws in the way we operate. We operate on a non-profit basis. We are run by volunteers and are committed to community benefit.
I am interested in investing in your solar energy projects, but not actively participating in the Co-operative. Should I become a member?
Yes, you can be a shareholder in our projects without being actively involved in the activities of the Co-operative.
I'm interested in making a donation to Moreland Community Solar above and beyond my $20. How do I do that?
Donations to support the operation of the Co-operative would be most gratefully received. You can either forward you donation to the Secretary or make a donation online.